We are excited to invite STEM Community College faculty to participate in a new professional development initiative.
Significant Learning by Design I & II combined!
Take the first course in July and redesign your own course.
Gain free access to the second, self-paced course by participating in this cohort and our optional follow-up, evidence-gathering activities.
We are exploring a new, comprehensive model for course redesign that brings together faculty teaching similar disciplines for an in-depth learning experience. Take advantage of this introductory offer for STEM Community College instructors, which includes guidance through an evidence-based practice model, collegial discussion with like-minded colleagues, follow-up resources and activities, and support gathering evidence of impact on student learning.
- Participation in Significant Learning by Design-I (SLD-I), a facilitated 2 and 1/2 week online, asynchronous course running July 14-29 (see link for course details).
- Expert guidance through a complete redesign of a course with personalized feedback at every step – using Dee Fink’s Integrated Course Design model to develop course goals, learning outcomes, assessments, and activities based on learning-centered instruction.
- FREE limited access to a self-paced version of Significant Learning by Design-II, a 20-hour course designed to build out the remaining components of your course during August and September.
- Collegial discussion with fellow teacher/scientist STEM instructors and optional live virtual meetings in August and September to continue the momentum and sharing of ideas.
- Engage in extensive follow-up feedback on the process and outcomes, gathering evidence to share back with your campus and colleagues on the impact of this work.
Join us to (re)design a course focused on learning-centered, long-lasting, significant student learning.
To register, fill out the form below.
Registering more than one person? Contact Us for an expedited process.
Significant Learning by Design – STEM cohort
SLD-I Course dates:
July 14 – 29, 2021
The course opens on the Monday prior to the start date.
- SLD-I is 2 and 1/2 weeks in length (12 business days)
- Expect to spend approx 20-25 hours total to complete SLD-I course activities
- Includes FREE access to SLD-II, a self-paced 20-hour online course, available with 3 optional live virtual meetings in August and September
Registration closes on May 31, 2021 or when this session has reached capacity. The cohort will be limited to a manageable size to maximize collaboration.
- JULY STEM COHORT
- Individual Pricing: $495/participant
- Institutional pricing (4 or more from the same institution) : $450/participant