Some comprehensive teaching methods and learning experiences span multiple categories of learning and can bring together many of your course learning outcomes in an integrated way. The recommended resources below support using these methods in your courses.
- Team-Based Learning Cooperative with many online resources
- Team-Based Learning: A Transformative Use of Small Groups in College Teaching, by Larry K. Michaelsen, et al. (2004).
- Getting Started with Team-Based Learning, by Jim Sibley and Peter Ostafichuk (2014) and related website with many free resources: https://learntbl.ca/
- Educause Review article: Team-Based Learning Revisited
- The Power of Problem-Based Learning, by Barbara J. Duch, et al. Stylus: 2001.
- The Challenge of Problem-Based Learning, by David Boud and Grahame Feletti. Kogan page: 1998.
- Problem-Based Learning Clearinghouse at the University of Delaware
- Centre for Problem-Based Learning in Engineering Science under UNESCO
POGIL (Process-Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning)
- The POGIL Project
- An Introduction to Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning for Those Who Wish to Empower Learners, Edited by Shawn Simonson, Stylus (2019).