In today’s uncertain times, below you will find a few curated resources to help with the transition to new or different teaching formats.
The Difference Between Emergency Remote Teaching and Online Learning, Educause Review
15 Fall Scenarios: Higher Education in a Time of Social Distancing, Inside Higher Ed
- Student-Centered Remote Teaching: Lessons Learned from Online Education by Shannon Riggs in Educause Review
- How to Be a Better Online Teacher
By Flower Darby in The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Top 10 Rules for Developing Your First Online Course by John Orlando
- Teaching online series: Designing and Teaching for Impact in Online Courses developed by Indiana University in Canvas Open Commons
- Pocket PD Guides by the California Community Colleges
- The online teaching survival guide: Simple and practical pedagogical tips, by Boettcher, J. V., & Conrad, R.-M. (2016). Jossey-Bass.
- List of Online Active Learning Strategies (modified for synchronous or asynchronous contexts) by Texas A&M Center for Teaching Excellence
- The Blended Course Design Workbook by Katie Linder
- How to Design and Teach an Online Course by Jay Caulfield